“A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: Their shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again.”
-Alexander Pope. An Essay on Criticism. 1709.
Benedicta’s areas of expertise include Civil Litigation, Criminal Litigation, Corporate & Commercial Practice, Family Law, and Drafting.
Benedicta Osei-Boateng is a barrister and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Ghana.
She is a well-rounded legal practitioner with a passion for litigation, drafting, and corporate/commercial practice. She has a sterling appreciation of clients’ needs and relentlessly strives for the resolution of the same.
Benedicta’s core roles at Zoe, Akyea & Co. include litigation strategy and management, advocacy, and risk minimization.
With her background and hands-on experience in Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), and Training, Benedicta brings a wealth of insight into her practice of the law. She is also equipped with several years in Market Research where, among other things, she managed and moderated studies nationwide for various clients and consulted on projects for multinational agencies/businesses.
As part of the Litigation Team, Benedicta exhibits tenacity in courtroom advocacy, prosecuting both civil and criminal cases under the tutelage of distinguished advocate and Head of Chambers Samuel Atta Akyea. Her versatility and eye for detail ensure the clinical resolution of cases across the spectrum, resulting in the best possible outcomes for the Firm’s clients.
Benedicta is an ardent purveyor of excellent output and currently acts as the Internship Coordinator at Zoe, Akyea & Co.
- Ghana School of Law, Professional Law Course (BL (2020)
- Central University, LLB (Hons.) (2018)
- University of Ghana, BA (Hons.) Political Science with Psychology (2007)
- Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA) – Project Planning and Management Course (2009)
- Steadman – Synovate –Qualitative Research Training (Nairobi, Kenya) – Strategy, Qualitative Research Solutions, Skills and Business Development (2008)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, Ghana Bar Association
Benedicta’s interests include reading, drafting, travelling and exploring cuisine.