Beyeeman Ofori - Atta Akyea
“There is no topic, theory, thought, or matter conceived by a man, born of a woman, that is beyond my comprehension once I have had adequate time to consider same.”
Beyeeman’s areas of expertise include Construction and Energy, Banking and Finance, White Collar Crime, Dispute Resolution and Private Client Wealth Management.
Beyeeman Ofori – Atta Akyea is a dual-qualified lawyer who is principally trained and licensed to practice law within England and Wales and Ghanaian legal jurisdictions.
At Zoe, Akyea & Co., Beyeeman is a strong legal advocate who functions as a crucial member of the Dispute Resolution and Regulatory practice groups.
Beyeeman regularly resolves contentious multi-jurisdictional disputes and advises on regulatory matters for enterprising and established multinational companies, banks and financial institutions, state institutions, regulators, non-profit organizations, foreign law firms, and high–profile individuals across a wide range of major industries.
Beyeeman, in his promising career, has demonstrated a profound prowess for thoroughly addressing the practical problems and commercial challenges of his clients.
In executing instructions, Beyeeman provides exceptional and robust representation. He has maintained a track record of competently handling matters across the full spectrum of Dispute Resolution and Regulatory practice at competitive fees.
Beyeeman’s philosophy is that every individual deserves an equal opportunity, and he is driven by this personal truth and conviction.
Representative Legal Matters
- Served as lead attorney in the successful recovery of a long-standing six-figure dollar debt that a large-scale warehouse and terminal company owed a multinational financial institution in Ghana.
- Conducted independent legal due diligence on the instructions of a multinational banking institution in order to obtain regulatory approval from the Bank of Ghana for a million-dollar facilities management agreement.
- Successfully settled a six-figure Ghana cedi construction claim through negotiation.
- England and Wales (2021)
- Ghana (2021)
Barbri Law Review, New York Bar Qualification (2023)
- Ghana School of Law, Post Call, Professional Law Course (2021)
- University of Law, Bar Professional Training Course + LLM (2020)
- The University of Reading, LLB (Hons.) Law (2019)
Harvard University: HarvardX Online Course
- CS50 for Lawyers¹ — (2022)
- Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies ² — (2020)
- Justice ³ — (2020)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, Ghana Bar Association
- Member, The Bar Council
- Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Member, Middle Temple (Inns of Court)
- Licensed Insolvency Practitioner, Ghana Association of Restructuring & Insolvency Advisors (GARIA)
- Author, “The Adoption of ADR in Ghana,” Lawyer Monthly, September 30, 2022
Beyeeman’s interests include enhancing and developing his palate, exploring renaissance and abstract art, listening to a wide range of music and critical thinking and public policy development.