“Those who are governed by reason desire nothing for themselves which they do not also desire for the rest of humankind”
– B. Spinoza
His areas of expertise include Dispute Resolution (Corporate and Commercial), Debt Recovery, Corporate Governance, White Collar Crime, Crisis Management, Regulatory Compliance, Due Diligence, Intellectual Property and Conveyancing.
Emmanuel K. Owusu-Asare is a diligent and goal-driven lawyer licensed to practice within the Ghanaian legal jurisdiction.
At Zoe, Akyea & Co., Emmanuel is a member of the Corporate and Commercial Dispute Resolution Team with an excellent track record in handling a myriad of cases, including Civil and Criminal matters, at the superior courts of Ghana.
Owusu-Asare is noted for his pragmatism and unique aptitude for finding solutions to complex legal matters. He has proven to be a dedicated, resourceful, and passionate practitioner with complex regulatory compliance, crisis management, and the negotiation and drafting of commercial contracts and conveyancing instruments among his strong suits.
Within the Corporate and Commercial Dispute Resolution Team, Emmanuel has represented and advised various multinational companies. The fact that Emmanuel serves on numerous boards equally strengthens his advice on sound corporate governance. Emmanuel brings to the fore issues that matter to his clients.
Representative Legal Matters
– Successfully defended a corporate liability suit in the sum of One Million, Seven Hundred Thousand United States Dollars ($1,700,000.00) at the Superior Courts of Ghana.
- Ghana School of Law, Professional Law Course (BL.) (2017)
- University Of London, Birkbeck College, London, UK, Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (2015)
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana (B.A) (2007)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, Ghana Bar Association
Mr. Asare enjoys playing chess, mainly reading fiction and memoirs and exploring nature by travelling the world.