Nana Yamoah Ponko
“I will remain restless until I rest in the bosom of the Lord.”
– St. Augustine.
Nana Yamoah Ponko is noted for his achievements in Chieftaincy and Customary law matters, Arbitration and Negotiation law, Industrial/Labour Disputes and Property Transactions and Conveyance.
Nana Yamoah Ponko is an Associate of Zoe, Akyea & Co.
He is a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Ghana and a candidate for a Master of Laws Degree in Alternative Dispute Resolution at the University of Ghana.
His remarkable passion for Ghana’s Chieftaincy and Customary laws has shaped his practice. He is equally equipped with an in-depth understanding of family and succession matters and inheritance law in Ghana.
Nana Yamoah Ponko demonstrates strong determination and critical thinking skills in carrying out all legal instructions assigned to him.
- Ghana (2021)
- University of Ghana, Master of Laws (LL.M) Degree in Alternative Dispute Resolution (2022)
- Ghana School of Law, Professional Law Course (BL.) (2021)
- University of Cape Coast, Bachelor of Laws (LL. B) (2016)
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST, Kumasi), Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Political Studies (2010).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, Ghana Bar Association
- Associate Member, Ghana Association of Certified Mediators and Arbitrators (GHACMA)
- Member, West Africa Member of Peace and Diplomacy Studies (WACPS)
- Member, AFBA Ghana Young Lawyers
- Regular Panellist on UTV- “Mmra no se sen.”
- Author, ” Africa and the rest of the world; Challenges and limitations of African countries in international negotiations.,- under peer review.
- Author, ” ADR Act, 2010( Act 798), A Panacea for the Challenges Bedeviling ADR in Ghana, An Analysis of the Pitfalls and Grey Areas in the Act”- under peer review.
- Author “The legal effect on the “familyless” people in Ghana”- unpublished
- Author “Timidity or deference? The Supreme Court has missed a chance again; a critique of Mansah V Adutwumwaa [2013-2015] 1 GGLR 682” – unpublished
Nana Yamoah Ponko’s interests include art and culture, travelling and sightseeing, public speaking and local and international politics.